May 20, 2016

Dear Friend - Easy Watercolour Technique

Hello friends - happy Friday!  It is a VERY happy Friday at my house as we head into a four-day long weekend (and the first long weekend of summer!)  We are homebodies through-and-through, but I'm excited to enjoy the break and get some vegetables planted in our garden, go for a big family dinner, and spend some valuable time in my craft room!

There is an important date coming up this weekend - May 22 marks the last day that retiring stamps are guaranteed to be available.  Accessories are already while-supplies-last, so we are counting down the days that these items will be on the shelves and available for purchase!  Because of this, this weekend is the last I'll be showing retiring items.  Starting on Monday, it will be nothing-but-the-new on my blog, so you'll be able to check out some sneak peeks of new stamps, In-Colours, accessories, and more!  Can't WAIT!

Today's card is a clean and simple beauty that I whipped up with a super-easy watercolouring technique.   This features the small flower from Birthday Blooms, and I think this is the first time I've inked it up!  


I really love this style of watercolouring - it's messy, imprecise, and different everytime.  Perfectly imperfect!  Want to know how to do this simple technique for yourself?  I'll give you a hint - it doesn't involve ink pads, an aquapainter, or any actual watercolouring!  I whipped up a short video for you - check it out below.  



So easy, so fun, and your result will always be different.  Just remember to draw in the mirror image of the stamp and you'll be all set!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend - see you again soon!

Cheers,
Shannon





1 comment:

  1. Cool watercolouring technique Shannon. Hadn't thought about drawing on the reverse of the block so it was neat to watch you do it. Appreciated and what a great CAS card this is.

    ReplyDelete