January 02, 2016

Holiday Meets Occasions (again!)

Hello and happy new year, friends!

Thanks so much for popping in today.  I have three special projects in the next three days, leading up to a really fun blog hop post on January 5th!

You're going to notice a common theme with these posts...

1.   The colour pallet.  A few weeks ago, I fell in love with the combination of Soft Sky, Mint Macaron, and Lost Lagoon while creating.  It is truly the definition of dreamy!  Don't you think?  Each of the next few projects have this fab colour pallet! 

2.  The next thing you'll notice is a bit of a continuation of my Artisan Blog Hop post from this week; how to carry your Holiday 2015 favourites into Occasions 2016.  

So, what's on deck today?  First and foremost, this card was heavily inspired by the lovely Allison Okamitsu; a couple of weeks ago, she shared a gorgeous card with dandelion seeds on a watercolour background that I just loved.  I needed to make my own version.  


This card features two of my new favourites from Occasions 2016; the Sunburst thinlit and the Balloon Celebration stamp set.  Those little dandelion seeds can almost go unnoticed in this huge set, but they can make beautiful things!  So what about Holiday 2015?  The beautiful Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack can't just get put away since the new year is here!  For this card, I cut a piece of the gold dot vellum with the Sunburst thinlit, and then flipped it over.  On the back side, those gold dots are a soft, subtle silver; so perfect for this card!

I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what else is up my sleeve with this fabulous colour combo and some retiring favourites!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment